Here are 9 great ideas to get you eating more napa cabbage:
- Make kimchi. Once you have, here are five ways to use it that you haven't thought of yet.
- Update the classic iceberg salad by using a napa cabbage wedge (3).
- Or skip the wedge and chop it up (4) for a salad -- try one with Cara Cara oranges and Kalamata olives or one with hot bacon dressing.
- Let napa cabbage add some crunch to noodle salads, too.
- Shredded, it turns into a fluffy pile and makes the perfect base for a slaw. Try a tahini sumac dressing or one with ginger, almonds, and sesame seeds.
- Or stuff those shreds into fresh spring rolls.
- Use napa cabbage in a filling for dumplings (with beef and pork or pork and shrimp) or steamed buns.
- Add napa cabbage to a stir-fry.
- Use it in a hot pot or soup (beef, chicken, pork, tofu, or vegetable). The rib pieces (5) will soak up the flavor without turning to mush. If you want additional crunch, just add more napa cabbage near the end of cooking.
- average Nappa is 2kg/4.5lb and gorgeous!!!